Zero Gravity & Heat for Arthritis Pain Relief
Arthritis is the term used to describe swelling and tenderness of one or more joints. According to the CDC, 21.2% of adults have arthritis. The symptoms include pain, swelling, reduced range of movement, and stiffness – which can limit daily activities and the overall quality of life. There are many ways to relieve these symptoms, including using a zero gravity chair with heat for arthritis pain.
Our zero gravity chairs may offer features like massage, heat therapy, and memory settings that remember your favorite features and positions. In this resource page, we’ll share how zero gravity chair features, like heat therapy, can provide relief from arthritis pain.
What ZGR Features Help Arthritis Pain Relief?
Zero gravity chairs come equipped with features that may help provide pain relief from arthritis symptoms. These features can be beneficial for overall well-being, going above and beyond just offering heat therapy for arthritis. These features include:
- Zero gravity position: The zero gravity position evenly distributes body weight, which reduces pressure on joints and allows for better blood circulation.
- Heat therapy: Using heat therapy for arthritis helps to relax the muscles and improve blood flow to the inflamed areas.
- Massage: The massage techniques offered by zero gravity chairs can relax muscles and improve blood circulation – providing relief from muscle tension and joint stiffness.
Heat Therapy for Arthritis Pain Relief
Many people find using heat for arthritis pain beneficial to achieving relief. For arthritis, heat therapy works by increasing blood flow to the affected joints, reducing stiffness, and promoting relaxation. Svago zero gravity chairs are designed to provide heat that targets specific areas of the body, effectively distributing heat for arthritis pain relief.
Here’s how they work:
- Targeted relief: Zero gravity chairs with heat therapy typically have heating elements strategically placed in the backrest and seat. These elements emit heat directly to the areas most affected by arthritis, such as the lower back and hips.
- User-friendly controls: Users can control the intensity and duration of the heat therapy, allowing for a personalized and comfortable experience. Some chairs even offer adjustable heat settings.
- Chairs with heat therapy: Several zero gravity chairs come with built-in heat therapy features, including models like The Newton, The ZGR, The Lite 2, and The Swivel. These chairs offer a convenient and effective solution for arthritis pain relief.
Zero Gravity Position for Arthritis Pain Relief
The zero gravity position is a key feature that can greatly benefit individuals with arthritis. Zero gravity position decompresses the spine and allows it to call into natural alignment, while also taking stress off of achy arthritic joints. Achieving zero gravity position can help:
- Improved blood flow: The zero gravity position elevates the legs slightly above the heart, which promotes better blood circulation. This position can help reduce inflammation and pain in the affected joints.
- Reduced pressure on joints: By reclining in the zero gravity position, the body's weight is distributed evenly across the chair, reducing the pressure on joints. Even weight distribution can alleviate discomfort and improve mobility.
- One-touch zero gravity: Many zero gravity chairs feature a one-touch zero gravity button, making it effortless to recline into the optimal position for arthritis pain relief.
Why Combine Zero Gravity & Heat for Arthritis?
Combining the zero gravity position with heat therapy offers a powerful solution for arthritis pain relief. By combining heat for arthritis pain with the zero gravity position, a zero gravity chair may provide a synergistic effect by aligning the spine and taking poorly distributed strain off the joints to promote pain relief.
This position can also adjust both the location and intensity of the heat therapy, making it a more comfortable and custom tailored experience.
While heat for arthritis may be effective on its own, zero gravity can add additional benefits when used in tandem.
Steps to Use ZGR for Arthritis Heat Therapy
Using a zero gravity chair for arthritis heat therapy is simple and user-friendly. To maximize the benefits of using heat for arthritis pain:
- Get comfortable: Sit in the zero gravity chair and make sure you're in a comfortable position.
- Adjust headrest and footrest: Depending on the chair model, adjust the headrest and footrest to your liking for added comfort.
- Activate zero gravity position: If your chair has a one-touch zero gravity button, use it to recline into the zero gravity position. Otherwise, manually adjust the chair to this position.
- Turn on heat therapy: If your chair is equipped with heat therapy, like The Newton or The Swivel – activate it. Adjust the heat settings to your preference.
- Optional massage: If your chair has massage functions, you can use them in conjunction with heat therapy for added relaxation.
- Enjoy and relax: Sit back, relax, and enjoy the combined benefits of zero gravity and heat therapy as they work together to relieve arthritis pain.
Get The Most of Zero Gravity Chairs & Heat for Arthritis
To maximize the benefits of zero gravity chairs and heat therapy for arthritis pain relief, consider the following tips:
- Ideal session length: Aim for sessions lasting between 15 to 30 minutes for optimal relief without overexertion.
- Combining massage and heat: Experiment with using massage and heat therapy together or separately to determine what works best for you.
- Session frequency: Use your zero gravity chair regularly but avoid excessive use. A few sessions per week can provide consistent relief.
- Consult a healthcare professional: Always consult with your healthcare provider before starting any new treatment, especially if you have underlying health conditions or concerns.
Heat For Arthritis Pain Relief Resources
Arthritis pain can be uncomfortable to live with on a daily basis. Heat is often used to help find arthritis pain relief – using zero gravity in combination with heat is just as beneficial. If you're looking for more information and resources on using zero gravity chairs and heat therapy for arthritis pain relief, consider exploring the following articles:
- How to Treat Chronic Inflammation – Chronic inflammation can have a profound impact on your health and well-being, learn how heat can help treat it.
- 5 Natural Methods for Arthritis Treatment at Home – Although there are medical treatments for arthritis, treating it naturally at home can be beneficial. Learn five natural methods for treating your arthritis pain at home.
- Arthritis Awareness Month: A Guide to Living With Arthritis – The month of May is Arthritis Awareness Month. Our guide educates you on different types of arthritis, popular treatment methods, and how to alleviate pain for a better quality of life.
- Juvenile Arthritis Awareness Month: Causes & Treatments – July is Juvenile Arthritis Awareness Month. This article looks at what the disease is, the potential causes, and juvenile arthritis treatment options that may help.
- 6 Keys to Enduring Arthritis and Cold Weather – Have you ever noticed that cold weather can increase arthritis pain? Explore 6 key ways to endure arthritis pain when a cold front is moving in.
Disclaimer: This content is not medical advice. Please consult with your health care professional when considering implementing changes to your health or workout routines to ensure it’s compatible with your needs.
Shop Zero Gravity Chairs
These zero gravity chairs offer heat therapy which can help with at home heat therapy for arthritis pain: